Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Great Grandmother

On May 10, Jen's grandmother passed away in Cleveland, Ohio. She was 88 years old. She was a wonderful woman with a great spirit and zest for life. She has 11 great-grandchildren, Colin and Owen included. She lived a long and healthy life and is adored by all who knew her. My memories of her include her insisting my brother and I drink grapefruit juice and eat foods cooked with celery and onions (they seemed to be in everything!). We were young and those foods didn't appeal to us as much as her candy bowl did. She was always looking for that perfect little gift for people - and just a week or so before she passed I received a very suitable birthday card from her with a runner on it. This is part of the last email I got from her, on April 8th.
Hello Jen, I was so pleased to get you e-mail. Your mom has been keeping up to date with your coming ad goings. Your boys are so cute and growing by leaps and bounds. That was a big move for you and a ot of getting used to. I have enjoyed your blogs, the pictres are adorable and I am sure they are a handful. Love to all, Great Gram.
She will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment